Who we are
The aim is to assist the User in making informed decisions when using the Website and to understand how we will process the personal information provided by the User in our forms or by sending emails to the email addresses indicated on the Website. We invite you to read it carefully to maintain control over your personal data at all times.
Who is the data controller of the User’s personal data?
Identity: GOÑI & CO ABOGADOS, S.L.P., a Spanish company registered in the Mercantile Registry of Madrid, Volume 34974, Book 0, Folio 111, Section 8, Sheet M 6290215, Inscription 1st and CIF B87612685. Postal address: Felipe IV, 10 – 2º Dcha. 28014 Madrid, Spain Phone: (+34) 915 63 47 40 Fax: (+34) 915 63 11 43
For what purpose do we process the User’s personal data?
Depending on the type of communication received from the User, the purpose of the processing will be:
- Managing queries, questions, and/or requests for information/proposals for services submitted by the User through the forms enabled on the Website (“Contact Us”) or by sending emails to the email addresses displayed on the Website.
- Managing requests for inclusion in our candidate database to be considered in our selection processes by completing the form enabled for this purpose on the Website in the “Work with Us” section or by sending emails to the Data Controller (including, where appropriate, associated documents).
What is the legitimacy for processing the User’s personal data?
The legal bases that legitimize and allow us to process the User’s personal data, depending on the type of communication received, are as follows:
- Managing queries, questions, and/or requests for information/proposals for services submitted by the User: The processing of personal data does not require the consent of the sender, and the legal basis is art. 6.1.b) of the GDPR (processing is lawful if it is necessary for the performance of actions necessary to respond, process, and manage the User’s inquiry, question, or request).
- Managing requests for inclusion in our candidate database to be considered in our selection processes: The processing of personal data is based on the consent of the User who submits their data, which can be withdrawn at any time. However, doing so would mean that their candidacy cannot be considered in our personnel selection processes.
How long will we retain the User’s personal data?
Depending on the type of communication received from the User, GOÑI & CO ABOGADOS will keep the personal data active as indicated below:
- Managing queries, questions, and/or requests for information/proposals for services submitted by the User: The provided personal data will be kept for the time necessary to address the inquiries, questions, and/or requests for information/proposals received.
- Managing requests for inclusion in our candidate database to be considered in our selection processes: They will be kept for a maximum period of two years, unless otherwise indicated by the interested party when submitting their information or for a shorter period if GOÑI & CO ABOGADOS considers that they will not be used in future selection processes because they do not fit the profile required by the firm or if the candidate withdraws their consent.
To which recipients will the User’s personal data be communicated?
Personal data will not be disclosed to third parties unless, where applicable, to competent authorities in the exercise of their functions. Therefore, the personal data provided by the User on the Website may be communicated to public bodies, courts, and other administrative authorities when we consider it necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for the exercise/defense of legal actions/claims.
What are the User’s rights when providing their personal data?
The User has and can exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information provided to GOÑI & CO ABOGADOS:
Right of access: The User has the right to obtain confirmation as to whether GOÑI & CO ABOGADOS is processing personal data concerning them and to access such personal data. Right of rectification: The User can request the rectification of inaccurate data or have incomplete data completed. Right of erasure: The User has the right to request the erasure or deletion of their personal data under certain circumstances, for example, when the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or if they withdraw their consent (in relation to consent-based processing). Right to restriction of processing: The User can request, under certain circumstances, that we temporarily restrict the processing of the personal data provided. For example, when disputing the accuracy of such personal data or objecting to its processing, in which case we will only retain it for the exercise or defense of claims. Right to data portability: The User has the right, in the case of automated processing, to receive the personal data they provided to us (in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format) and to request that it be transmitted to another data controller, where technically feasible. Right to object: Under certain circumstances and for reasons related to their particular situation, the data subjects may object to the processing of their data, in which case we will stop processing their data unless there are compelling legitimate grounds or for the exercise or defense of potential claims. Right to withdraw consent: The User may withdraw their consent at any time. However, the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to such withdrawal. Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: If the data subject considers that we have violated the rights granted by the applicable data protection regulations, they may file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.